06 March 2008

number four.

For the past couple of days I've had a blog post planned out. It was going to be mushy, something about spending most of my life watching him helm my favorite team, going through a spectrum of emotions over the course of his career, feeling the sense of legend that has been passed around these last few years. I was going to talk about how I have so many mixed feelings: sadness for the departure of a familiar piece of my life, relief that someone so worthy of praise is going to leave the league on a high note (sort of -- not necessarily his last play but the season on a whole), anticipation to what the future of the franchise is without its franchise quarterback. I was watching when they took Majkowski out. I was watching those heart-breaking games against the stronger Cowboys. I teared up after that amazing Raiders game. I felt jubilation after the first Super Bowl win for my team in 29 years and emotionally-drained after each tough, season-ending defeat.

I had a lengthy blog post planned to talk about number 4 and how he has made me feel so much concentrated stress in the three hours I'd watch a game but equally made the game fun to watch and made it just that: a game. I had so much to say.

But I think NFL Network, ESPN and the rest have kissed his butt enough the last few days.

Thanks, Brett. You did good.

No comments: