07 February 2008

(pt 3)

[continued:]

[Back in his apartment, Rob is talking with Sara as she does dishes and he cleans up the kitchen.]

ROB: So I wasn't entirely sure "the idea" was really so big. They told me what they wanted to do and, I mean, I guess it could work but it'll take a really rock solid script I'm not sure we're capable of writing.
SARA: What's it about?
ROB: It's about this guy who has just come out of a long-term relationship and falls for a girl he works with, only to find out she has a boyfriend.
SARA: Lame.
DAVID: [from the couch, not taking his eyes from the television] Wait.
ROB: The girl says she keeps wanting to break up with the boyfriend but ends up getting engaged because he's going to be shipped out in a few weeks.
SARA: And that's the end?
ROB: That's the beginning. Since the fiancee isn't in town, she still runs around with the other guy. The guy is really good to her and the fiancee is pretty was absent even before he shippeed out so they stay together and play house while he's gone. Then there's a pretty dramatic confrontation between the fiancee and the other guy near the end.
SARA: So it's about the struggle of this girl having to choose?
ROB: Right. Sort of. We want to do some of it from the guy's point of view, too.
SARA: So, question: why does the guy stay with a girl he knows is engaged with someone else?
ROB: I justify it like this: he just got out of a long relationship with another girl and is looking for something different and dangerous. Enter this girl. She's both different and dangerous. So he struggles a little bit, too, as he tries to reconcile being at her place and seeing pictures of the finacee everywhere and being in what is ostensibly a relationship with this girl.
SARA: Huh.
DAVID: I think you think too much. The reason why he sticks around is because of all the hot sex we're going to show he has.
ROB: Oh, and the hot sex. Almost forgot about that.
SARA: So, let me get this straight: you're going to make a movie about a girl who's engaged that has to choose between the man she promised herself to and the new man who may be perfect for her?
ROB: Pretty much.
SARA: [stops cleaning and smirks] Who's going to play the girl?
DAVID: Ppsh, not you.
ROB: You'd want to play the girl?
SARA: Sure, why not?
ROB: Well, there are a lot of scenes planned where the girl and the non-fiancee are either naked or in their underpants.
SARA: It might be fun. Are you going to play the guy?
ROB: Certainly not. We're going to get someone else.
SARA: Oh. Well, it still might be fun.
DAVID: No way.
SARA: Why not?

[She crosses over to the couch. David doesn't take his eyes off the screen yet.]

DAVID: Because we need someone hot to play the girl.
SARA: I'm hot.
DAVID: [laughs] No, seriously.
SARA: What? People tell me all the time that I should model.
DAVID: For who?
SARA: You don't think I'm hot enough?
ROB: Of course you're hot enough.
SARA: [to Rob] You have to say that.
ROB: But I really think that.
SARA: Anyway, I think you can use me. Do you want me to audition for you right now?
DAVID: I caught the matinee of that show earlier and was not impressed.
SARA: Oh, see, you didn't even see me get into it. I'm super hot when I'm actually having sex.
DAVID: Oh my God gross.
SARA: [leaning in closer to David] When I'm heaving and then I arch my back --
DAVID: Oh gross --
SARA: -- and I'm all moaning and whispering.

[She starts to moan, gasp and whisper PG-13-rated dirty things. Rob laughs but David has to turn off the TV to express his contempt.]

DAVID: That's disgusting! There is no way you are going to be in this movie. No way. I am NOT going to be forced to see my sister naked.
SARA: Again?
ROB: Stop being so weird about your sister. It's not her fault she's got a great body.
SARA: That almost sounded like you weren't sucking up.
DAVID: I've had to hear that from everyone since she got boobs. I'm tired of talking about it.
SARA: Ooh, who do you have to talk about it with? Anyone I know?
DAVID: When do you want to start writing this thing, Rob?
ROB: If you want to put a couple scenes down tonight, I'll write a couple scenes, too, and we can go over them tomorrow night or something after I get off work. Squibs is getting us a crew?
DAVID: Yeah, said he had a couple kids in mind.
SARA: All right. I guess I'm going to take a shower before work. Should I lock the door, David, or were you planning to come bursting in there, too?
DAVID: [gets up and throws the remote down on the couch] I'm going home.

[continued]

No comments: