24 February 2008

the blur of awkward speeches.

I don't know why I never thought about this before. All these years of agonizing through the lengthy, embarrassing, melodramatic and, at times, boring ceremony, all I had to do was pause it for an hour, do some homework as I wait and fast forward through the parts that I don't want to watch. Three performances of songs from Enchanted? Zip. Awkward speeches? Zip. Painfully long montages? Zip. God bless you, modern breakthrough in "time-shifting."

We say hurray for: Diablo Cody (Best Original Screenplay, Juno), Javier Bardem (Best Supporting Actor, No Country for Old Men), and Marion Cotillard (Best Actress, La vie en rose). It was nice to see people honestly excited to win an Oscar.

I change the subject (ding!) to give you a tasty video (that won't resize properly for this blog). For Final Fantasy nerds from the old Super Nintendo days and who are equally unimpressed by Garfield comics, this, by Lasagna Cat, is freaking hilarious.

No comments: