06 January 2008

dear myspace community.

I've been lambasting MySpace for the past few months. Though I wouldn't say that I've jumped ship for Facebook (because, wow, would that be embarrassing) I do appreciate its layout, better coding structure and extensibility contrasting your spam-filled, corporate-owned, be-<table>'d existence. But one thing called me back.

The opportunity to force (or at least suggest) my musical taste onto a captive audience is very attractive to me. I used to hate profiles with music on them because it usually slowed load time to a crawl and the auto-play feature reminded me too much of the early days of the internet when I was trolling fan sites and was subjected to the background MIDI. But, now that there is control over the the auto-play function, I not only incorporate the music player into my profile, I find new songs for it every couple of days. This, my dear community, is where you come in.

Not every song I want to inflict on others is on the site (or at least not on the site as far as I want to explore it). So I encourage you, friends, to upload the songs I want to play for others. You might ask why I don't do it myself.

I don't want to get in trouble. Here's a short list.

  • "Thunderkiss '65" by White Zombie
  • "Bounce" by Timbaland
  • "Possibly Maybe" by Björk
  • "Never Say Never" by Queens of the Stone Age
  • "Learning (alwaysnewapr)" by onelinedrawing
  • "Xerces" by Deftones
  • "2 Rights Make 1 Wrong" by Mogwai
  • "hjartað hamast (bamm bamm bamm)" by Sigur Rós
  • "Elite" by Deftones
  • "Appolonia" by Team Sleep
  • "It Could Be Sweet" by Portishead
  • "Better Things" by Massive Attack
  • "Glory Box (Mudflap Mix)" by Portishead
  • "Backstage Girl" by DJ Shadow
  • "Somethin' Hot" by The Afghan Whigs

Those are just a few of the songs I've been looking for but couldn't find. Help me out, copyright quasi-infringers.

No comments: