19 December 2007

nick campbell, animal.

My semester ended last Saturday with a dinner cooked by my Italian professor and a collection of our take-home finals. Since then I've been essentially free of obligation save from The Store, which holds my foreboding future, essentially a mandatory 40-hour week including a full day on Christmas Eve and closing shifts almost every night. I also worked last Sunday and Monday and will work this Thursday and Friday. Saturday will be dominated by making a video for a friend to give as a present. What this means: my only days lacking in obligation for my break between semesters was yesterday and today.

And yet, here I sit, in a tie and button-down, wearing a fedora, dressed fancy to type in my blog and update my MySpace and Facebook profiles. No trouble, no danger, no real excitement. Last night I stayed up to 3am after going to Landmark Diner, playing Wii for hours with Ian. I got my haircut today and now I'm texting back and forth with Becca.

I am an animal.

Anche: I'm starting to get tired of my music again. I might have to go on another music strike. This is what iTunes has served up to me while I type, most of these songs playing while I searched for that "music strike" post in my old MySpace blog (because I get so enthralled with my own writing):

  • "Demons" by Fatboy Slim (f/ Macy Gray)
  • "One Weak" by Deftones
  • "Coma" by Muse
  • "Lucky Guy" by The Muffs
  • "Under the Influence" by Eminem and D12
  • "Ricky's Theme" by Beastie Boys
  • "Derelict" by Beck
  • "Simple Man" by Deftones
  • "Empty Space" by Teenage Fanclub
  • "Mani in alto" by Jovanotti
  • "Idoless" by The Distillers
  • "Antidote" by The Hives
  • "Icky Thump" by The White Stripes
  • "Last" by Gratitude
  • "Sunshine" by Handsome Boy Modeling School
  • "Exit Music (for a Film)" by Radiohead
  • "Red Elephant" by Sunny Day Real Estate

I went to P'Cheen and scream-talked over the DJ with Jonathan and Erica for about forty-five minutes. I was introduced to many people, mostly as being the recluse and told often enough that my reputation had proceeded me. I'm not sure what that means.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm on a big music strike. Ever since Radiohead's new album came out and I stopped listening to that, I haven't listened to music really at all. Either podcasts or reading, which has been healthy. Until Mastodon releases a new album...