24 November 2007

hoo-arr

I'm starting to feel as though I only blog to impress myself with my own writing or to offer my Amazon Wish List around the gift-giving seasons. I really do have a lot of poignant posts started but never finished because I get bored with them. I suppose I'm only interested in ego masturbation or encouraging others to buy me things (which is like an ego hand-job really).

Anyway, here it is.

As always, I have stuff separated into different categories but the most important stuff is on the default list. That stuff, for those that don't like to click on links, includes:

  • And by Jonah Matranga
  • Malena Uncut Special Edition 2-Disc [Import]
  • adidas Sambas (black/white -- size 12)
  • The Fountain
  • The Complete Poems by Guido Cavalcanti (trans. by Mark Cirigliano -- or any translation with the original Italian)
  • D&G heavy tweed sports jacket

I know the D&G jacket is a little pricey, but it's worth it; I'll look really good wearing it.

Also: Don't think I forgot about you, Gaarface. I owe you a gift and have been thinking about it. But what do you get the man whose DVD collection includes 50% more movies than I've even heard of?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Haha I don't even know what dvds I have any more. I guess I will quote the Simpsons:

Vendor: "Hey Spock, whaddaya want on your hot dawg?"

Spock: "Surprise me."

Vendor places a disgusting amount of relish on the hot dog.

Steven F. said...

Is an amazon list distributed among friends presumptuous? I'm not asking to accuse you, I just wasn't sure if it's the right thing for me. In particular, I've been espousing the ideas behind a buy nothing christmas to my friends and family, and pushing for donations to favored organizations in lieu of gifts for those that can't jive. However, there are always a few stragglers who insist on getting me a bauble or book or do-dad. Can I have an amazon list without tempting those who I've been able to convince to not buy for me?